Torrdarach is our beautiful B&B in the famous Highland Perthshire town of Pitlochry. Built in 1901, the house is situated on a quiet elevated corner, only a few hundred metres off the high street on the edge of the Conservation Area.
All of our bedrooms are en-suite and all of them are fully refurbished. This refurbishment included décor, carpets, beds, curtains, furniture, TVs with integrated DVD players and original paintings. The majority of our en-suite facilities have also been upgraded and we have installed a whole-house water pump delivering an invigorating 12 litres per minute showering experience.
The guest lounge has been given a new lease of life. We have reinstated the open fire using an Edwardian Scottish-made, tiled, cast iron insert and have laid a lovely new oak floor. We intend to keep the fire lit as often as possible.
The lounge is furnished with comfortable contemporary furniture and lighting, with antique fixtures and fittings, making a pot of tea on arrival a splendidly relaxing experience.
Alcoholic and soft drinks are also available in the lounge or the garden. A full list is available in the bedrooms and the lounge, but our stock includes local beers from the Cairngorms Brewery, over 40 whiskies, Austrian wines (by the glass and bottle) and other spirits and soft drinks.
Breakfast is fairly traditional in style. Why fix what isn’t broken? Good coffee from beans roasted in Scotland, porridge, home-made granola, local free range eggs, Dunkeld smoked salmon and home-made marmalade, together with the usual ‘full-Scottish’ offerings. We use the best produce we can find, from as close to home as possible.
Pitlochry has been a popular tourist destination for over 150 years. The stunning mountain and mixed woodland scenery with its many lochs, rivers and waterfalls has been well mapped for walkers and mountain-bikers. The golf course, home of the Highland Open, is just 2 minutes up the road from the house and this also offers great views down the Tummel Valley.
A more sedate way to enjoy the great Highland Perthshire scenery is from the many well-planned viewpoints and easy access paths throughout the area. With multiple other attractions, including the hugely popular Festival Theatre, the dam and salmon ladder, castles and historic attractions, groves of ‘Big Trees’, distilleries, shops and great restaurants, delis and cafes, Pitlochry has a lot to offer.
Facilities in the new look bedrooms include:
- Sealy beds - we have invested in some fantastic new beds from Sealy. These are American designed beds made in the UK. While we understand that the comfort of a bed is a personal thing, we have chosen a top of the range medium-firm mattress from the Sealy contract range and we don’t think you will be disappointed. They have a very luxurious feel! You should wake up ready for breakfast.
- At least one easy chair.
- Solid oak furniture.
- LCD television with integrated DVD player.
- Tea and coffee making facilities - a range of teas and coffee is provided.
- Fresh milk on request.
- Thermos of iced water.
- Scottish Fine Soaps - sea Kelp range of toiletries.
- Salon-style hairdryer.
- The all important full-length mirror!
- Blackout lined curtains.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- Books, magazines and local interest reading material.
- Folder with suggested activities and restaurant recommendations.