Zoom launches Summer 2009 flights
3 September 2009
Zoom Airlines, the leading transatlantic low-fare carrier, has launched its Summer 2009 schedule. Flights are now available for booking via its website at flyZoom.com.
Zoom remains committed to providing the highest standards of service at competitive fares. Its new schedule includes developments to provide more, convenient non-stop services than ever before on Zoom’s network.
Summer 2009 highlights include:
* Zoom’s services from Manchester are expanded by the introduction of two non-stop weekly flights to Toronto and a second weekly flight to Vancouver;
* The introduction of a non-stop Thursday flight between Glasgow and Vancouver, complementing the existing Sunday flight which also serves Calgary;
* Zoom’s route from London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale in south Florida – launched earlier this year – is expanded with the introduction of non-stop flights on Saturdays. Extra services have also been added over the Easter period in April 2009;
* Flights from London Gatwick to San Diego, Zoom’s new gateway to southern California, will be expanded from June 2009 to include a third weekly non-stop service;
* New non-stop services between London Gatwick and Ottawa will operate every Sunday from May 2009 throughout the summer season.
Zoom is offering great value fares on every route, with the lowest fares available for those customers booking early.
In addition to the competitive prices available for Zoom flights, travel insurance prices have been cut by up to a third whilst still offering the same competitive levels of cover. Travel insurance policies are available through Zoom from only £25 per person for a one-week trip.
Commenting on the launch of the new schedule, Zoom Chairman Hugh Boyle said: "We're delighted to be extending the range of flights available for 2009 and continuing our low-fare transatlantic revolution. The recent Which? consumer survey confirmed that customers preferred Zoom’s service to that of our main competitors and we will continue to work hard to bring fantastic service at fantastic prices to customers in every market that we serve."