Special offers mark the opening of new luxury Bahamas resort
30 September 2009
The grand estate of Sandals Emerald Bay is set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach on Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas. This all-suite resort will offer a selection of 183 "magnificently-appointed" luxury suites with styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings - all oceanfront, all extremely spacious and all serviced by your personal Butler.
To compliment its sublime ocean views, the property will also debut three pools including a brand new infinity entrance pool. Encompassing over half an acre, this spectacular pool will entice guests with a Jacuzzi and a swim-up pool bar with a unique fire-pit seating area in the centre. Flanking the pool will be misting columns and luxurious cabanas equipped with WiFi access.
Unique to the Great Exuma property is a stunning 18-hole Greg Norman designed championship golf course, reputed to be one of the best in the Caribbean as well as a 17-acre, stand-alone Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals, the first ever marina at any Sandals Resort.
• Six gourmet restaurants including Bahama Bay, a fine dining seafood restaurant; Pizzareli, an authentic Italian brick-oven pizzeria; a French style cuisine restaurant; the Drunken Duck, a traditional English pub with a pool & snooker room; the Barefoot by the Sea Restaurant; and Il Cielo, a continental restaurant
• Seven bars, including a swim-up pool bar and piano bar
• An 18-hole Greg Norman designed championship golf course
• A fully equipped tennis centre with six flood lit courts
• Red Lane Spa with 22 indoor treatment areas and several exotic outdoor sanctuaries (spa services available at an additional cost)
• Three freshwater pools, including an infinity entrance pool and ‘fire-pit’ seating area
• Water sports including scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, windsurfing, Hobie Cats, kayaks and paddle boats
• Land sports including tennis, lawn chess, croquet, volleyball and shuffleboard
• A marina with 133 slips that can accommodate yachts of up to 200 feet in length
• Airport transfers from Great Exuma Airport, taxes & gratuities
• All rooms include exclusive Butler Service
Great Exuma boasts pristine reefs and soft white beaches; where the aquamarine and sapphire sea, gentle breezes and a warm, non-humid temperatures combine to create an idyllic holiday retreat. Great Exuma is the largest of 365 islands that form Exuma, a district of the Bahamas. A short flight from Nassau, Great Exuma is home to the charming and laid back city of George Town and the unspoiled Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park - one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
Thomson Tailormade offer 7 nights at the Luxury Included Emerald Bay, Great Exuma in the Bahamas from just £1,999 per person saving £919 per person. The price includes accommodation and return flights from London to Nassau with British Airways and return flights from Nassau to George Town with Bahamas Air and transfers and is based on departure on 11th May 2010.
For bookings and information visit thomsontailormade.com.