Dah Sing Bank and BA launch credit card
3 September 2009
British Airways and Dah Sing Bank have announced the launch of the Dah Sing British Airways Platinum Card for customers in Hong Kong.
Key benefits include:
- Welcome offer of 8,888 BA Miles, one of the best introductory offers of its kind in Hong Kong
- Double BA Miles can be earned (2 BA Miles for every HK$6 spent*) whenever cardholders book and pay for their flights online or at the British Airways Hong Kong ticket office, using their Dah Sing British Airways Platinum card
- 10% discount off the price of all flights from Hong Kong to London, the United Kingdom and 16 European countries for bookings made online at www.ba.com/dahsingbank
- Generous earning rate of 1 BA Mile for every HK$6 spent in Hong Kong
- Ability to earn BA Miles and redeem reward flights on oneworld partner airlines to other Asian destinations
- Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network, meaning BA Miles can be earned on purchases at millions of vendors around the world
With the Dah Sing British Airways Platinum Card, customers can earn BA Miles on everyday spending in order to enjoy cabin upgrades and reward flights to any destination on the British Airways network. All successful applicants will also receive a welcome offer of 8,888 BA Miles together with a three-year annual fee waiver.
Cardholders will be able to earn miles at the generous rate of 1 BA Mile for every HK$6 spent in Hong Kong, and 1.5 BA Miles for every HK$6 spent overseas.
When booking online at ba.com/dahsingbank, cardholders will be able to take advantage of a 10% discount on all flights from Hong Kong to London, the United Kingdom and 16 European countries. What’s more, double BA Miles can be earned (i.e. 2 BA Miles for every HK$6 spent*) whenever cardholders book and pay for their flights online or at the British Airways Hong Kong ticket office, using their Dah Sing British Airways Platinum card.
In addition to being given membership to the Executive Club, British Airways’ frequent flyer programme, all BA Miles earned on the Dah Sing British Airways Platinum Card will be credited automatically to customers’ Executive Club accounts for free.
“This is a special and exciting opportunity to partner with an established institution like Dah Sing Bank to promote this reward programme in Hong Kong,” said Kevin McQuillan, British Airways Regional General Manager, Far East. “Through our partnership, we hope to reward our local customers by helping them make the very most out of their everyday purchases to earn BA Miles for reward flights or upgrades.”
“It is a pleasure to work with British Airways to introduce this new co-branded card and fabulous rewards programme to our customers in Hong Kong,” said John Lam, Dah Sing Bank Executive Director. “The full range of benefits is exclusively for Europe lovers and really does bring Europe a lot closer to our customers in Hong Kong, thanks to the low spending-mileage ratio.”
The partnership with British Airways and Dah Sing Bank is in conjunction with The Mileage Company, operators of BA Miles worldwide. Head quartered in the UK, the Mileage Company are the experts in running reward schemes by building long-standing partnerships which add value and enable partner brands to drive customer engagement and loyalty.
To enrol for the Dah Sing British Airways Platinum Card, visit dahsing.com.